Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Ugly Betty


When I was a young girl one of my teachers told me:

"Life will be easy for you Jaimie because you are beautiful."

When I was a young girl my father told me:

"Stay in school. No one can ever take your education away from you."

Both of them were right. Kind of.

Life hasn't been that easy for me: My parents divorced when I was 2. My sister committed suicide when I was 15. I was divorced and a single mom by age 28.

Yet, life has been kind of fun, and my beauty helped contribute to it: people are nicer and more forgiving, people have asked me for advice about clothes, hair, and make-up since I was a teenager, and don't forget: dating, dating, and more dating.

Yet, more than anything else, its my intellect that I admire the most about myself.

Without it, I am nothing.

Would You Rather Be Beautiful or Intelligent?


Posted by Jaimie :: 6:56 PM :: 13 Peeked Into My Diary:

.:Write In My Diary:.

---------------oOo---------------


© The Diary of Jaimie 2005 - Template by Caz.