Friday, October 06, 2006

To Tell You The Truth



I had a friend in college who, one day while dining with me, asked me a question.

"Do you know what tact is Jaimie?" he asked one day.

"Yes," I answered.

"Well, you have none," he said.

"What do you mean? I'm the nicest person you know!" I exclaimed.

"Yes, you are. I'm not talking about being 'nice'. I'm talking about 'tact'. The way you say things."

Oh.

I believe in being honest. I'm very honest. I rarely lie.

For example, when I was in high school, I worked at a shoe store.

"Do these look good on me?" a customer asked me one day, looking at her feet in the mirror.

"No," I said.

The manager pulled me to the side. "Don't say that!" she hissed at me. "We're trying to make sales here!"

"But they don't look good on her! You actually want me to lie?"

"Yes!" she said, stomping to the back of the store, frustrated.

Is It Ever Okay to Be Brutally Honest?

Posted by Jaimie :: 6:20 PM :: 16 Peeked Into My Diary:

.:Write In My Diary:.

---------------oOo---------------


© The Diary of Jaimie 2005 - Template by Caz.