Friday, August 04, 2006

She's Come Undone


When I was in college, my best friend was a stripper.

I never visited her in the strip club. I couldn't bring myself to do it. Another friend went to visit her. She told me it was disgusting, nasty, and intriguing.

My friend became a stripper because she got herself into a bit of, er...financial difficulty. Stripping paid off all of her bills and her car. She graduated from UCLA, and got a book deal within a few years of graduation.

I was once desperate too. Bill collectors were calling my apartment. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't eat.

There was this club I knew about. I walked in. I looked at the girls. I talked to the manager. He started to break down for me how much of a cut "the club got", "the dj got", and how much I would actually take home. Then he asked, "Ready to audition?"

"Audition? Where? Here?"

"No. In the back. For me."

Hell no.

I called my dad the next day. He told me how to handle the bill collectors, mailed me money, and helped my buy a new car.

I could not sell my soul.

How Far Would You Go?

Posted by Jaimie :: 10:37 AM :: 9 Peeked Into My Diary:

.:Write In My Diary:.

---------------oOo---------------


© The Diary of Jaimie 2005 - Template by Caz.