Monday, August 07, 2006

Karma

I've been stood up. Once. But I deserved it.

There was a young man who I once knew. He was my "temp", my rebound, my transitional man. He actually was quite boring, but nice looking.

He asked me to spend the day with him. I said yes. I was walking out of the door when my ex-boyfriend called.

"Hey," he said.

"What do you want?"

"I'm going to ignore that. Can I see you?" he asked.

"I already have plans. No."

"Come on," he coaxed.

After some pushing and pulling, he convinced me to see him. I waited for him to come pick me up, and we spent the day together.

I never called transitional man to let him know I wouldn't make our date.

Fast forward 6 months...

Ex-boyfriend was gone. It was Saturday night. My phone rang. It was transitional man.

We spoke pleasantly with one another and he told me that he wanted to see me again. He told me to dress up in my best, because he was taking me somewhere really nice.

I did, and waited.

And waited.

And waited.

He never showed. I called my girlfriend.

She found my plight hilarious and asked, "What'd you do to him?"

Damn...What goes around comes around...

Right?





Posted by Jaimie :: 7:51 PM :: 10 Peeked Into My Diary:

.:Write In My Diary:.

---------------oOo---------------


© The Diary of Jaimie 2005 - Template by Caz.