Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Bridges of Los Angeles County


Once my mother and I watched "The Bridges of Madison County," the story of a woman who was married with two children who had an affair with a traveling photographer. She had to decide whether to go with the photographer, or stay with her family.

She chose to stay with her family.

"Good," my mom said when the movie was over.

"Why is that good?" I asked her.

"Because, that's what love is about. You stay with the one who's been there for you. All that other stuff is just fluff, it never lasts."

I fell out of love with my own boyfriend recently.

Yes, that boyfriend.

No more butterflies in the tummy. No more kissing. No more plans about getting married and having children. Nothing.

But through it all, we kept talking. And talking. And talking.

I fell in love again, but this time it's a different love. Its the deepest love I've ever known. A love that will exist through this lifetime, and the afterlife.

A love that will cross the bridges of this crazy thing called life.


What Is Love?

Posted by Jaimie :: 10:02 PM :: 17 Peeked Into My Diary:

.:Write In My Diary:.

---------------oOo---------------


© The Diary of Jaimie 2005 - Template by Caz.