Saturday, May 06, 2006

Whispers

I used to sleep with a knife and a cell phone under my bed.

I wasn't really sure if my ex-husband was going to kill me, but I practiced whipping out the knife quick enough to stab him before he got to me first. I kept the cell phone under my bed just in case I needed to make a quick emergency phone call. My best friend, who wanted me to leave him, said, "Well, that's the least you can do."

My ex-husband was physically violent a few times, but verbally and emotionally abusive all of the time. And when he couldn't remember strangling me, I felt highly alarmed. Yes, he was drunk at the time, but I couldn't comprehend a man who could not remember that he nearly took the life of his wife.

One day, very clearly, I heard the voice of God in my head:

Leave him. Leave him now. If you do not, you will horribly damaged.

I didn't listen to Him right away. It took me a few months. And after I did, His voice quieted down, and he watched and waited...and wondered...

Will she go back to him?

No. Never.

God whispers to you. The whisper becomes a problem. The problem becomes a crisis.

The crisis becomes a disaster.

This post is dedicated to Yvette Cade.

Why do Some Men Abuse Women?


Posted by Jaimie :: 8:42 AM :: 14 Peeked Into My Diary:

.:Write In My Diary:.

---------------oOo---------------


© The Diary of Jaimie 2005 - Template by Caz.