Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Swirl



If you've been reading my blog a while, you know one very important thing that makes me who I am: My mother is white, and my father is black.

And not only is my mother white, she's a traditional, somewhat conservative, white woman from Texas. She kind of fell upon my father; it was not planned or intended. I think she just thought she'd try something new.

My father was gone by the time I was two, and my mom was left to raise me alone.

Througout my life people have asked the same questions:

So, what are you?

What race do you consider yourself?

Are you black?

Is that really your mom?

Why are you trying to act white?

Why are you the only black girl in AP classes?

Why do you only date black boys/men?

What do you put in your hair?

Do you think you're better than everyone else?

Is life hard for you?

Wouldn't you like to know...

I love my life. I love my mother. I love my father. I love me.

How Important Is A Person's Race?


Posted by Jaimie :: 5:58 PM :: 25 Peeked Into My Diary:

.:Write In My Diary:.

---------------oOo---------------


© The Diary of Jaimie 2005 - Template by Caz.