Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Dancer In The Dark


One thing that I have learned after being a teacher for 8 years is that every human being has a talent. My talent is dancing.

For some unknown reason, my mother put me in dance class at age 3. I don't remember much about it, except that there was a recital and my mother was there, smiling proudly and snapping away with her cheap camera.

I continued taking dance my whole childhood. My dance teacher told my mom, "You know, she really is quite talented. She's one of the best in the class." I beamed at the compliment.

In high school I was a cheerleader, but this was not a true dance experience. The moves were regimented and stiff and there was not much room for improvisation. It was not until college that I was able to really explore dance.

In my college dance class, our teacher was highly eccentric. We had to dance as if we were machines, statues, and food. It was definitely interesting.

James likes to watch me dance. He seems intrigued that my body can move the way that it does without skipping a beat. "How do you do that?" he asks. "I don't know," I respond. "It's just so easy for me. I don't even think about it."

What is your talent?

Posted by Jaimie :: 10:35 PM :: 8 Peeked Into My Diary:

.:Write In My Diary:.

---------------oOo---------------


© The Diary of Jaimie 2005 - Template by Caz.