Friday, February 03, 2006

Food Fight


I'm nice. But I'm not that nice.

Let's take the other day for example. I was at a very cheap, low quality restaurant (Sizzler-Seafood! Salad! Steak!). I was attempting to sit at a table, but I couldn't pull my chair out far enough to sit because a woman was sitting so far out, I couldn't get in.

"Excuse me?" I asked nicely. "Can you move in so that I can sit down?"

You would think I had asked the woman if I could borrow $2000 dollars based on the reaction I got: She dropped her fork on her plate with a large "clang", rolled her eyes at me, sighed loudly, and moved in a grand total of 1/2 an inch.

"You don't have to be rude. I asked you to move in. What's the big deal?" I asked loudly.

"Listen lady, I'm not being rude to you," she said with demon fire in her eyes.

"Really? Rolling your eyes at me isn't being rude?" I asked, with my face in front of hers.

I could see that it was about to get ugly and my 4 year old daughter was watching the whole thing with a large amount of interest (and not only that, but the woman was about twice my size). I moved to another table and told the waitress what happened.

"You want me to say somethin'?" she asked, hoping to start a fight.

"No, that's ok," I said.

"You sure? I don't mind," she responded, pulling up her shirt sleeves.

After convincing the waitress that I didn't need her to help me beat up the woman, she then told me that she never knew how rude people could be until she started working in the restaurant business.

When I got home I asked James if it was appropriate for me to say something. "Well, yeah," he said. "She should have moved."

I should have kicked her in the head.

Why are people so rude to one another?


Posted by Jaimie :: 6:08 AM :: 17 Peeked Into My Diary:

.:Write In My Diary:.

---------------oOo---------------


© The Diary of Jaimie 2005 - Template by Caz.