Monday, January 16, 2006

Sausages



I've had a variety of jobs. The strangest one was as an assistant to a personal trainer.

I found the job through my university's job center. It paid well and seemed easy.

The interview was held in his office of the gym he owned. He was rather, well BIG, and a little frightening.

BIG GUY: So basically, I just need you to put some info into the computer, answer phone calls and walk my dog.

Me: Walk your dog?

BIG GUY: Yeah, it's just a little cocker spaniel. She's a little crazy, but she'll warm up to you. Come on, I'll take you to meet her.

We got into his red Corvette and drove to Marina del Rey, where he owned a condo. We walked inside and there was the spaniel, looking totally normal and cute. I reached out to pet her and she growled.

BIG GUY: Precious!! Precious, stop that now!! Sausage! Sausage!

Me: Do you give her sausages?

BIG GUY: No, I just threaten to turn her into sausages to scare her.

Weirdo.

He gave me the keys to his apartment and told me I had the job.

The next day I went to his apartment. I could barely get into the door. The dog barked and snapped at me. I inched my way along the wall and grabbed her leash.

"Come on, Precious," I coaxed. "It's me, Jaimie. Remember me from yesterday?"

Growl.

I walked out and drove to the gym.

"I'm not walking your dog. Sorry," I told BIG GUY.

$10 a hour was not worth fighting a damn dog for.

Even if she would eventually be turned into sausages.

What was the strangest job you have ever had?


Posted by Jaimie :: 5:50 PM :: 18 Peeked Into My Diary:

.:Write In My Diary:.

---------------oOo---------------


© The Diary of Jaimie 2005 - Template by Caz.