Friday, December 02, 2005

That Was A Decaf, Right?


When I was in college, I worked at a coffee house on Pico Boulevard in Santa Monica. The coffee house was owned by two women who were best friends. One of the women was the neice of the ultra sexy man trap from the movie "Cool Hand Luke." She looked just like her.

So, every day (and sometimes at night), I would serve coffee to an assortment of half sleepy individuals.

I liked this job for several reasons:

1. I had a wide assortment of free, expensive espresso to be drank at my disposal.

2. I met all sorts of strange and rare people.

3. At night, I was able to hear live music and poetry for free if I was working.

4. I was able to give people regular coffee when they ordered decaf.

Oops. Did I write that?

Yes, I admit my innocent mistake. There were many times that kind, old ladies would walk into the cafe in the evening and say, "Hi honey. Can I have a large decaf, please?"

"Sure," I would say with a big smile. And there I would go, mistakenly pouring a very large cup of regular coffee for the poor old souls. I did not do this intentionally-in fact, it was completely innocent.

I wouldn't realize my mistake until they were gone, out the door, unknowingly preparing themselves to bounce off of the walls for 6 hours.

This is my apology to them. People make mistakes. We need to forgive, move on, and live life, one cup of coffee at a time.

This post is dedicated to all of the people in the world who can't live without coffee. Love ya!

Posted by Jaimie :: 9:57 PM :: 10 Peeked Into My Diary:

.:Write In My Diary:.

---------------oOo---------------


© The Diary of Jaimie 2005 - Template by Caz.