Friday, December 30, 2005

Sullen Girl



A friend once told me "You are melancholic."

melancholy: a feeling of thoughtful sadness

That sounds depressing.

I prefer the term "introverted."

introvert: a person who tends to shrink from social contacts and becomes preoccupied with their own thoughts

I've always been this way. I've always been lost in my own mind and my own thoughts. At parties, I'm the quiet observer, the one having private, low conversations with strangers. I've never been the "life of the party" or the one to start a topic from across the dinner table.

Many people have asked me, "What are you thinking about?"

"How can you tell I'm thinking anything?" I ask.

"You look deep in thought," they answer.

I suppose I always am; I am always thinking about-well, everything. I am not aware of others around me, but at the same time, I think about people all of the time.

But it’s calm under the waves, in the blue of my oblivion. Under the waves in the blue of my oblivion. Is that why they call me a sullen girl?

Sullen girl.

Are you an Introvert or an Extrovert?

Thanks to Fiona Apple for the last paragraph of this post.


Posted by Jaimie :: 8:55 AM :: 14 Peeked Into My Diary:

.:Write In My Diary:.

---------------oOo---------------


© The Diary of Jaimie 2005 - Template by Caz.