Monday, December 05, 2005

I Wish I Knew You Then



November 22, 1985

Dear Jimmy,

Hi. You don't know me yet, but I will be your future wife. I know this sounds crazy, since you're only 16, but I just know it's true.

I saw you the other day, standing at the street corner on the Westside of Chicago, freestyling with your friends. I rode by on my red bike with the white basket. I was the little Puerto Rican lookin' chick with the long ponytail. You had on your Adidas sweatsuit and Kangol. I know you saw me-you glanced up at me as I passed.

I know I'm a little young for you, but you don't have to be my boyfriend yet. Before you know it, I'll be 16 too, and you won't feel so funny about dating me. You won't care what your friends think, or worry about sneaking around to see me. I'm sure my mom will love you just as much as I do.

Did I say love? I do love you. Do you love me? Yes, no, maybe? Please tell me how you feel about me. Tomorrow I'll be waiting for you outside of the shop where the lady sells the Boston Baked Beans candy that you like. I'll buy you a pack, if you want.

Jaimie

xoxo


Posted by Jaimie :: 4:26 PM :: 17 Peeked Into My Diary:

.:Write In My Diary:.

---------------oOo---------------


© The Diary of Jaimie 2005 - Template by Caz.